Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Memories of the Blue Cat... DORAEMON!


Hi all!! To kick start my first post, I will be writing about my memories of the dear blue cat...DORAEMON!!! In fact, I found the inspiration to strike up a blog after a conversation around doraemon. I thought I needed a way to document and relive my old memories. I may remember things now, but can forget them 30 years down the road... Yea, our neurons degenerate..Boohoo
*better eat more gingko*

Anyways, back to the title- If you didn't know, I love to read Doraemon comic books back then. My brother and I used to buy (he does the buying most ) so many comic books from the indian shop near his primary school. And we read them at home during lunch!! Yes, you can imagine us with one hand holding a spoon and the other hand to flip the pages, the book against our bowls. We would generally use our left hand to eat so to free up our right hand to hold the book at the top and to flip the pages because the pages are read from right to left! Heehee...And I tell you...we would never be bored reading the same books again and again. Don't be surprised that if you ever want to borrow these books from me, you'll find some pages splashed with food stains ( mostly because of soup! Eekk..)

The Doraemon cartoon series would air on local TV 1 @ 7pm Sunday. I can remember this so vividly because this is the time when my brother and I would scoop our rice and side dishes in the kitchen, dash to the living room to grab our favourite spot and sing the opening song of doraemon (that's me only). Good old days!

I remember I hated the feeling of 7.30pm at that time when I was a little girl. 7.30pm marked the end of doraemon cartoon and this also meant the end of a good weekend and it was back to school tomorrow! Gggrrggghhh.. I DREAD it all the time!





Another cartoon that I enjoyed was Sin Chan. That's right, the mischevious boy! Ooo.. how I loved his crazy demeanor and his smirk! And I will never forget Bo's physical apperance... always dripping 'hingus'. You know, I know it is very disgusting but hey, remember these are little children and that is such a common sight in real life =) I should also add that I read Dragon Ball too- 'Mutiara Naga'! There were other animes as well, but I can't remember. I need to search in my anime collection box when I go back home..er, if my mom hasn't thrown or given them away!

But really, the cartoon that holds close to my heart is still Doraemon... I grew up with my virtual blue cat ! :D <3

No comments:

Post a Comment