Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Favourite Disney Girls/Princesses

"The Flower That Blooms in Adversity Is the Most Rare and Beautiful of All... "


Fa Mulan





...isn't this quote beautiful? Taken from the 1998's Waltz Disney movie-Mulan, which I re-watched it last two weeks ago. Mulan's father said this to Mulan when she was feeling upset in the beginning of the movie. Brings back so much memories...I was so excited about this movie when it first came out!


I've always looked up to tough, independent girls. Mulan never fails to remind me that we girls can be as courageous as boys! I know it is a legend, but this disney movie speaks volumes and it is so different from other Disney girls/princesses. Although, I still very much adore....

Beauty and the Beast!



The Beast portrays as fierce and arrogant but behind this facade, he is gentle and soft-hearted.

And remember the enchanted rose? Very symbolic. I teared watching the last petal of rose fell.





Mirror, mirror on the wall... who is fairest one of all?


SNOW WHITE




... is next on my favourite list. When I re-watched it last year, oh my goodness, the actress has such falsetto-high voice!! Didn't notice that when I was a kiddie. The seven dwarves... who can forget them? I love DOPEY... so clumsy and funny!.. and he doesn't have a beard! Hohoho...





YES, the apple! I was always so afraid when the witch came into appearance (with the mole).. she still gives me goosebumps up till today!



Wait, I have other favourites as well...

  • Cinderella
  • Pocahontas
  • Hercules
  • Little Mermaid
  • Pinocchio
  • Aladdin
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc
This list will never end, I tell you...I remember I used to watch these cartoons again and again-probably a gazillion times already! Time seems to be abundant then. Now, busy with this and that etc etc.. no time to watch TV >.<


Oh, did I mention I love Love LOVE LOVE Disney songs??!?!? I grew up with them, play the organ songs, sing to their songs, dance to their songs...Will blog about that sometime later.

So, who is your favourite Disney girls/princessess? Share! Share! I want to know ^-^

7 comments:

  1. Mine would have to be Belle from Beauty & The Beast. That cartoon never fails to cheers me up whenever I watch it!

    My favourite scene would have to be the ending whereby the beast is transformed to his orginal self and the lesson of being kind to everyone.

    Then again his courtship with belle makes me yearn for someone like that. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The saddest scene for me and the most symbolic one would be when the last petal of rose fall and everything becomes dark. So sad... Boohoo!

    I used to secretly like Gaston. *Don't throw rotten tomatoes* And the reason is because.. he was handsome. LOL. That was when I was a kiddo,ok? I didn't really understand the meaning of true love (all I know was Cute, Handsome-Check! check! Yes, you can be my boyfriend) but as I grew up and rewatched it again and again, my feelings for the beast notched up higher and higher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's acceptable bout Gaston considering we're only munchkins when we watched it..:P haha..

    But I've always love The Beast after his transformation..Cos he is waaay cuter than Gaston..haha

    But seriously it was when Belle nurtured him with her kindness that touched me..and yes, ditto for the same part that you mentioned. When the last petal falls,we know Gaston will come barging in to kill him..but he survived :)

    I even have the orginal movie in a form of video tape haha..So I do re-runs as a kid..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey-ello, bings and ee von!

    yes, bings, i'm finally here. thanks for sending me the link again.

    my favourite is Mulan, and also Pocahontas. very much into the exotic types. hehe. i love the songs too! ooh...i also loved the guys- sheng and john smith... ah well...

    but if you can, do catch Bolt and Monsters and Aliens. they are really cool and laugh out funny.

    nice and creative blog bings. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ee:Oh yea! That chunky Video tapes! I remember having a separate rewinder machine (mine was shaped as a car). This reminds me of tapes. I used to play with tapes by winding the holes using my finger! Hohoho...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lings: Thank you Lings for coming! It means a lot to me =)Heehee oh 'Sheng'.. *swoons*. I had the hardest laugh when Mulan's nenek jokingly said she wants to sign up for the next war seeing that Mulan has brought home a guy! LOL

    Pocahontas... Colours of the wind.. Love that song!

    Yet to watch Bolt. Isn't it the one that requires a 3D glass to watch? YEa, I watched MOnster Inc. I like the babY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi hi ling si! :D

    YAY! Join in the crowd hehe..

    Ooh, yeah the music..I love the Mulan theme song.. Reflections by Christina Aguilera. That's beautiful hehe.

    I vaguely remember the guy, as I've yet to watch the entire movie. But I like the funny characters like Mushu? Mushi? HAHA..

    YEAH!! I love Monsters vs Aliens. Especially BOB, he's real hillarous! I laugh so hard through out the entire movie. The funniest thing about him is his short term memory, he constantly forgets about the last person or thing he was talking about.

    I like it when he said "You were dating Derek too? No way that two timing jerk" at the end. And the part where he was trying to score with that lime colored jell-o. Real silly and funny..
    If only life was like that, so carefree haha..

    I've yet to watch BOLT though. Seen the trailer, looks pretty ok.

    How have you been? Hope you're doing well with the job :) We should go for drinks or just hang out when you're free hehe

    ReplyDelete