Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Musical Ensemble

in ChemoDay Centre... How cool is this?





I was reading quietly at my supervisor's office when I heard soft classical music in the background. My mood was lifted instantly! Seriously! In the office, I only hear 2 kinds of *music* everyday- nurses/doctors/patients talking away loudly and the annoying drilling sounds (there is some renovation going on up one level above the office).

Coming back to the topic. My first thought was Wow...The patient had brought in his/her own music player/radio in to share! What a creative way to spend their time here (Depending on what drugs they are getting, some will need to spend quite a bit in the outpatient clinic = boredom) Remember, patients here are 60 years my senior and they do not carry ipod.

I got very curious of who thought of that brilliant idea! So I stood up and trailed the melodious music. Nope, the sound isn't coming from the patients' rooms. And as I walked further up, my eyes nearly popped out.


The trio were sitting there, right in front of the Chemoday Centre entrance. That was the last thing I would imagine it ... The fact that musicians are here. in. the. ChemoDay. Centre playing music is so surreal. You just can feel a whole different environment that they have created- relax, serene, calm. If only they come everyday! Now, that would be my motivation to go to work!

This is just a short recording as my silly LG mobile phone can only do blocks of 15 seconds video *Grrgg*

L-R: Flute, Violin, Cello


I tilted the angle co'z I thought I could get a better view. I hope I didn't give anyone a brief moment of headache! Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment