Monday, June 8, 2009

1st Line Treatment for Growling Stomachs...Where's my food?!


When it comes to food, I guess as students, we miss the luxury of having our mom or maid to cook for us back home. Of course, when you think about it, life was so easy -you don't even need to think about cooking or even washing your own clothes.


(I probably look like this the very first time I held the metal spatula and cooked with my grandmother when I was 14 years old!)


I hardly cook back home. I know some of you are in the same position as me, so don't laugh! Probably occasional spagetthi bolognese, scrambled eggs. mashed potatoes, chicken nuggets, maggi mee XD. It is only when you are away from home, you start appreciating things that you take for granted.

But I am happy to say I am developing my culinary skills along the way. I know I can't afford eating out all the time... so in some ways, I am 'forced' to cook. BUT in a GOOD WAY, because now, I find cooking very therapeutic for me. The only part that I hate?- CLEANING UP/WASHING.... >.<


In this Foodie Zone, I will be attempting to post recipes. I am not a professional cook obviously (but secretly wishes my future other half is one for obvious reasons). I am still learning along the way, picking up tips from my mom/relatives/friends.


So, to kick start my recipe section, I will be posting up this delicious Shepherd's Pie recipe very soon.

Credits to Ah Yee.

No comments:

Post a Comment