Sunday, June 7, 2009

My very FIRST MUSICAL.....

I spent a heavy sum on the ticket, and of course, my expectations were very high...and the play did not let me down at all. It turned out FANTASTIC ! I seriously don't mind forking out $$$ to watch it again!!! Truly enjoyed every moment of it. I was fortunate enough to sit on the side of the row, so my view was perfect. The songs were just beautiful and melodious. Madly madly in love with them.



My organ teacher introduced and taught me various musical songs. In particular, the phantom of the opera songs caught my liking. I didn't know the story behind it back then. I remember I loved the 'gothic' sounding of the opening of Phantom of the Opera (still do!). My brother, on the other hand, loathe the moment I play that song! Heehee...Probably that reminded him to finish up his english literature homework!




My Top 3 FAVOURITE songs are:

  1. Phantom of the Opera
  2. All I Ask of You
  3. Angel of Music

A romantically tragic story written by Gaston Leroux

accompanied with mesmerizing songs composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber




Love it with all my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you loved the musical!! Every scene makes you yearning for more. It gets me really excited when they play The Phantom of the Opera theme song.This play is just too awesome to be missed.
    It's worth every penny, isn't it? Ditto, I wouldn't mind paying another $$$ to go catch the musical again!

    I miss you playing the organ! It gives me goosebumps because it's so good hehe.
    Love it when you mix it with the background music. It feels just like a mini indoor concert haha.

    There's another good musical that I yearn to watch as well. It's called Wicked. But overall, among all of the musicals I've been to nothing beats Phantom of the opera :)

    Luv,
    Von

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! PHANTOM of THE OPERA is the BEST!!!! LOL, I am biased... I saw one musical only so far ^.^

    I miss my organ too.... But I had fun banging on the keys from my last trip! You know Shuang Xiu-Eric? He too played with my organ baby! So did Lings... Had heaps fun then... =)

    ReplyDelete