Sunday, June 7, 2009

On a cold, rainy day...

I LOVE the view from my room. In particular, I love the sunrise scenery... the blend of orange, pink and purple colour in the sky is hypnotic! Captured it once before with my camera, but it is not as beautiful as you see it with your own eyes.

Back to the title, it is so cold and gloomy today. It is still raining right now as I am typing. Huuhuu...


BUT I enjoy watching the view...the misty sky, damp roads, people running for cover and if you look closely enough through the window, you can see the rain drops. Aaahhh....and you are in your own cosy room. How nice :)

Tea time!
Toast anyone?
Peanut butter with forest fruit or passionfruit spread?

PLUS a hot cup of mushroom soup! Yum!
Simply heartwarming...


In order to keep myself warm, this is what I do:-
  • Drink 2-3 cups of MILO per day..Eeekkk.. my blood sugar level. Pancreas, I hope you are coping well
  • Stick faithfully to my wheat bag- so nice and warm! Thank you Gerry for the sewing!
  • Wear double/triple layer of clothes
  • Stockings
  • Scarves-ESSENTIAL! Especially if you are out. My aunt says you lose a lot of heat from your neck upwards! This is so true! I feel so much warmer with my scarf on.
Question for you guys- What do you do to keep yourself warm and cosy?




2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks really yummy!Particularly the mushroom soup *salivates*
    And orange marmalade jam? I miss those (especially coles's jam)
    Such a glutton right? Haha

    Anyhow, my methods of keeping myself warm is pretty similar to yours as well. While I was at Perth, I know that my heather bill when up due to the excessive usage of the machine :P

    But to be cost-savvy, you're on the right track. Pretty much the standard of putting on extra clothes, eating more, and perhaps not fidgeting (not sure if the last one is true haha). Hope it helps you dearie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for posting! You are the first *hugs*

    Heehee..you like marmalade jam? My parents and ah gong love them too! There must be something wrong with me. I love all kinds of berries spreads but not marmalade >.<

    You are right, when the electricity bill comes, it is usually double the amount you use in summer. Eeek!

    Not fidgeting? LOL... perhaps true? But I tend to move about a lot. Cannot sit still. Heehee

    ReplyDelete