Monday, August 24, 2009

Aged Care facility-Day 2

After my first visit to Domus Operosa, I can't wait to go there again for the second time (also my last visit, sadly)!


The main goal of the second visit was to present my findings of the DUE that I had conducted last week. My target audiences were the enrolled nurses. The presentation was held in the dining area, facing the magnificient scenery view that I was so captivated with! I couldn't resist taking out my camera to snap away (luckily my supervisor was very understanding, this is afterall a placement and I'm not acting all that professional! Eek!).


It was a gloomy day with light showers-thus, the colours do not stand out as brilliantly as my first visit's snapshots. Nevertheless, I thought it still looked magnificient.





Remember I mentioned about the lovely lady whom I interviewed and showed me a video? When I visited her today, I asked if I could take a picture of her. She stood up from her armchair slowly, walked towards me and before I could ask her where we should stand, she pulled me gently and gave me a BIG WARM HUG! For a moment, it seemed like time stood still. And images of my grandmother inundated my mind... I miss her so much. It had been almost 7 years since she left.


I'll always remember this lovely lady of her thoughtful gestures as well(she sayang me on my back the first time I saw her and when I said goodbye today ^_^) Probably I reminded her of her granddaughter- although I'm asian haha...


I've put together some snapshots of my supervisor and those whom I interviewed. It is my intention to scale down the picture so to keep their confidentiality. At the same time, I want it to serve as a remembrance to me.





Pictures taken from the other side of the house.



It was a cloudy day!




I've REALLY enjoyed this visit a lot. It was such an eye-opening experience! The pharmacist whom I tagged along was terrific. She was extremely humble and generous with her knowledge- spoke about her experiences, gave useful tips, encouraged me to talk to doctors (I could not have done this without her helping me >.< ) and at the end of the day, I realize how fortunate I am to be in this position: to be able to learn from an experienced teacher.





No comments:

Post a Comment