Saturday, July 4, 2009

Journey to Success

A couple of days ago, I chanced upon an article and I felt a little guilty after reading it. The author wrote 'Success is about enjoying the journey, not about reaching a destination'.


It reminded me about my past and even now. Many times, I am always in the hurry to reach my destination and forget about enjoying the process. In real life, many people do the same thing. There is no doubt that many of us are goal-oriented and this may well mean why people would like to zoom from present to the future.



The author said many of us think that by reaching the end of the rainbow and finding that pot of gold would make us happy. So, we slog through each day of our lives to fulfill our dreams, forgetting to appreciate the events that is happening around us.

I loved the part when the author remarked that we spend 99% of our time pursuing a goal and 1% of the time reaching it. In other words, if we don't enjoy the journey, we miss out 99% of our life.



I definitely don't want my whole life to pass by with a blink of eye. I want to cherish all the events that is occuring around me, be it good or bad. I want no regrets when I reflect on my life later on.


Things that I would do differently the next time (Heck, this sounds like PP400 placement's workbook exercise):

  • To enjoy searching literatures for my thesis writeup
  • To appreciate going to the hospital workplace everyday
  • To ring my family every alternate days
  • To touch base with classmates whom I haven't seen for months

  • To stop and smell the flowers if I see them (it's winter now)

Will think of more!

So, guys, enjoy each step of your journey to succes! Savour every moment of it ^.^

PS: I finished watching TVB's Moonlight Resonance!! I have been wanting to watch this drama ever since last year. Thank you CK and Zoe!


I am now addicted to Raymond Lam's 'Love is not enough-Oi Bat Gao'…Huuhuu.. This song remind me so much of my another sad song that I adore 'Letting Go-Shou Fang Kai' by Li Sheng Jie. Both songs have the same core lyric word- the hand. Don't know what's up with me and the hand lyric song obsession.


And yes, I am a sucker for sad love songs.









Hohoho.. Hanyu Pinyin for 'banana' people like me.

7 comments:

  1. That's a very interesting article. I do enjoy the process every now and then. The goal would have to be my shortcomings, whereby I have none right now.

    I want to step up and work on it this whole month.
    And I'll see how it goes at the end of the day. In the mean time, I'm scouting for more jobs as well.
    I really hope something would come by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbyetonite: Never give up! Because if you do, all that you've worked for is going to waste. Let failures inspire and challenge you, not beat you down. Easier said than done, I know. I have my fair share of failures but I don't use them against me. Instead, I feel more challenged and inspired to do better. Because I know I can. And so can you. Don't lose the faith in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truth is- The years are passing by too quickly! Especially after turning the age of 20. Too fast for me. Is the world revolving faster now? Or is it that I have been working like a crazy donkey all these years? *sigh*

    I don't wanna grow old *wails*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe its both. You had always been very hardworking and determined in reaching your personal goal, so no doubt about constantly working. And the change in life stages affects you as well.

    FINALLY! Someone who's feeling what I'm feeling all these times. I don't want to be OLD too, it gets me really worried cos I've yet to acheive anything. So depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe... Let me become your translator. I had one cd of his, if got chance I lend it to you ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ying: Yay! Really? So cool... hehe Totally need someone to translate especially the hard ones. =)

    Ta

    ReplyDelete