Sunday, July 19, 2009

Booby & Skinny Pig's Surprise Party


We celebrated Lionel's and Ronald's birthday today! The noted piggy gentlemen in the piggy clan.

*claps hands*

But they don't look surprised when we revealed it to them...Ish Ish >.<

Pictures up ahead.

Behind the scenes


Voila! Zoe's beautiful chocolate butter cake was created.

MENU

Appetiser

soy & linseed cracker topped with shaved turkey slice, double cream brie and avocado bits.

Main Course

oven roast chicken with herb stuffing

mashed potato with bacon

garden salad

Dessert

chocolate butter cake

Beverage

apple-lemonade non-alcoholic cocktail


The food was delicious and hearty! YUM!

Appetiser that I came up with...


Good effort piggy girls! It was a success!



And of course, how could we miss
.

.

.

A PIGGY group picture!


Wishing you both many happy returns on your birthdays! !



PS: Watched MasterChef grand finale during their birthday dinner. Although Poh didn't win the title, I was still very proud of her for making this far in the competition. Top 2! Not an easy feat. What's more interesting was, Poh didn't walk away empty handed. She received a verbal invitation from Curtis Stone (Hot hot Chef!!) and and... he offered to cover for her airplane tickets to spend a week with his team for a shoot in LA.

*swoons*

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Curtis Stone! I love his shows.
    Is that your classmates?
    What competition was it? hehe

    And yes, the spread that you cooked, looks
    extremely scrumptious. I can so feast on it like now haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him in 'Take Home Chef'.
    It makes you wanna be like one of those ladies
    that he approached and convinces them that he'll make a feast and party for everyone haha
    Which he usually do :P

    Though at time, you can sense the uneasiness of the womens' partner when he's around the house cooking bwahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eevs!

    I wrote a pretty long post but am shocked it went missing. Hmmrrgh! Lazy to type so much now.

    The Masterchef is a reality cook show, first of its kind in Australia. My housemate is an avid fan of this show. She cheers and slurps at the sight of food =) (even if its on the TV)

    They teach you how to cook as well which is called the 'Masterchef Kitchen'. I like this segment the most co'z you learn so much from the chefs.

    I can make the appetiser for you when I come back! Or you get your bum here in Aus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He who cooks will win the lady's heart, eh?

    Chef Curtis Stone.

    I wish he could teach me about food and cooking, in return, I would teach him about drugs.

    Muahaha.

    But of course, that's just in my dreams. Boo.

    ReplyDelete