Wednesday, October 21, 2009

QUM=Love

I was glad I attended the morning lecture today. It was indeed an inspiring talk by a very noted and superior fellow who is in charged of approving subsidised medicine use in this country. I loved how he emphasized and encouraged us to put fire in our belly and asking ourselves this question when we join the workforce in a few months time - "Have I made a difference in someone's life today?"

And how he used the analogy of love to Quality Use of Medicine! That is brilliant! I'm into QUM ever since I attended my recent placement this year. Thanks to my preceptors who constantly inject me with loads of enthusiasm. But it is a hard concept to grasp, really. It's like asking- What is love? Define Love.

Love is intrinsic, he said. It is expressed through care, concern, respect, TLC etc. And so is QUM.



Ok ok... Should be studying assiduously for my oral test tomorrow. Look at what I'm doing now. Yikes!

Wish me luck =)

No comments:

Post a Comment