Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cheese Fest 09' @ Rymill Park

Yay! The opportunity to upload pictures of my recent adventure, finally! Just completed my IELTS test this morning. It was amazing to see swarms of people with red or green passports in their hands! International students unite. LOL!

Anyway, last Sunday was Cheesey-licious DAY! There was a variety of cheese and wine stalls from different places-Barossa Valley, Clare Valley, Mclaren Vale etc . Afterall, SA is famous for plethora of grapevines XD I should go visit sometime soon. Wait..what was I doing here for almost 2 years? *deep in thought*



Complementary wine glasses

Cheese tasting


Cheese + crackers are the shiznit


Honeycomb!


Sweet treats. Not sure if it really fits in the cheesy atmosphere. Hahaha


Savoury dips




I really like brie out of all the cheeses. Its soft, creamy and smooth. The blue cheese..GOSH!! Too potent... too potent for my liking. The hard cheese, I am sure you are familiar with parmesan, pecorino. Jo and I tried the matured (3 years!!) pecorino cheese. Hahaha.. she said it tasted like sponge. LOL! Zoe and I thought that the Tasmanian Red Square's (washed rind) cheese is very nice tasting too!



Poh Poh's expertise in glass handling. Check out her Marilyn Monroe's tattoo! If there was an Elvis Presley one, I reckon she would have that all over her hands and legs =)




Tried to trick Ann that I was drinking wine. It backfired!

*Ahem* that's green tea ^_^

There are heaps of other photos, but I'm too tired to wait for it to upload.
It was really great to know that there are so many different types of cheese out there. Definitely a good introductory place because I know I can never buy so many different types of cheese and do sample tasting. If I hadn't know how blue cheese tasted like, I might puchase a block out of curiosity, tasted a bite and left it in the fridge and never touch it again-oh, perhaps pass that to Jo piggy. Heeehee (She helps me with my wine, everytime! Such good friend) Yes, cheese is not CHEAP in here by the way >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment