Saturday, September 26, 2009

Vietnamese food


Had a scrumptious dinner with MK, Keth (ex-housemates) and Yen last 2 weeks ago. MK drove us to a Vietnamese restaurant somewhere into the quiet North West surburb. I thought we were having pho-famous vietnamese beef noodles. But SURPRISE! We were having something different this time!

First up...Cold rolls: Sugar cane skewered minced king prawns!

And I really thought the bowl of water is for washing our hands (like the Malay style). Yen bluffed me. NOooooo! It was to dip the rice paper to soften it!


Mun Kit taught two blur piggies (Ann and I) how to assemble the roll. It was heaps fun!

My first cold roll! Cute, no?


And then you dip into the sweet chilli peanut sauce. The sauce is simply spot on-undenyingly delicious!!! Yum Yum!




We ordered a plate of warm seafood vermicelli salad. That was equally delectable! I’m drooling as I speak.


Hohoho...Those were just the appetiser, by the way! And I’m almost half full.

Next! This soup is madly delicious. All the ingredients’ flavours are fully infused into the soup. YUM! The fish tasted sweet and fresh!


The combination hotpot rice.

Apparently, they had forgotten to add salt. But it was not too bad for my taste.



Fried eggplant (haha.. don't they look like chips?!)




Aaahhh.. feels good to have such good food-after a long time. Haven't been cooking well for the past few months due to busy schedules. Thank you MK for introducing this new cuisine to us! It was an adventurous food experience! ^_^

1 comment: