Friday, June 11, 2010

Missing you



It has been a year since I listened to your loud chirpy voice over the phone
I can still remember you walking with me to work in the mornings when I was 19
You buying lunch for me when I was in high school
and me buying you your favourite fish paste noodle soup when I learnt to drive
Of all, I miss going back home seeing you lying on the armchair with the newspaper on your lap, snoring loudly =)

I just want to tell you that you're always in my heart, Ah Gong,
I can't help but think of you when I see elderly people in my workplace

I might be selfish
I was hoping you stayed long enough for me to bring back my graduation scroll
to take a picture with you like my cousins did
because you played a BIG part in my life

You'll always hold a place in our hearts


Thinking of you from all of us,


Love you always and forever,
BL

4 comments:

  1. He already is my other grandpa :)
    I'll never forget the yummy lunch treat,
    home visits and our TVB sessions after BM tuition. But most importantly, his words of
    wisdom and encouragements.

    Von

    ReplyDelete
  2. For now ,it is not only flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.

    BTW hope to see grandma's post as well.

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ee: Thanks, hon! I guess we can understand each other so well because we've got beloved grandparents staying together with us.

    Kevin: Ko, can I add that fathers mothers sons and daughters as well.

    ReplyDelete