Saturday, January 9, 2010

Merry New Year!


It’s the BRAND New Year, 2010!!! Happy New Year peeps!


Have been busy packing (and repacking...grrrggrh) for the past few days and in just a few hours, I’ll be off to the bush.

I've got so much mixed feeling about going away.

Happy/Excited because my brain can no longer be idle (Been holiday-ing for the past 2 months..Wee!). At the new place, I’ll be mentally & environmentally challenged. Oh, and of course, I'll officially be receiving $$$ XD though not a registered one yet.

Sad because I’m leaving the city and my hotel-like apartment =( I’ll miss Chinatown! Apprehensive because I've never been there! The most 'kampung' area I've been to is Taiping.

Just digressing a little bit, I was just thinking of my recent trip to Sydney and I never had so much FUN with so many relatives at one go! It feels like Chinese New Year where everyone from everywhere meet up at a place. I missed CNY with family twice already. This year is going to be my third, unfortunately. It was so good to meet up with four of my dear cousins and cousins’ cousin (Do you call them second cousin?) - cracking up jokes, teasing each other, girly talks, playing Guitar Hero ( I’m horrible at it! I got a BOO from the crowd =S, Wii, taking heaps of frivolous photos etc etc.

Okay, on the more interesting part –FOOD! The Christmas dinner that my aunt and uncle prepared was just superbly scrumptious - especially the turkey! They roasted it with bacon pieces on top of the turkey =)



But what I really REALLY like most of all was my uncle’s Mashed Potatoes! I even licked the bowl, ok!... It was different from the ones that I make. The texture was soft, creamy and flavourful! YUM!!!



Miss Cousin made a gingerbread house! How adorable =) With M&M's & Gummy bears


Summary of events: A day before Christmas, we travelled to Hunter Valley for their vineyards, and wine & cheese tasting. We went for a bus tour around Sydney & the famous Bondi Beach on Christmas day and on Boxing day, we went for apricot & plum plucking!


I find it very fascinating to see little children frolicking in the beach. Miss Cousin in the picture (middle) is trying to make some mochi balls. Master Cousin on the far right is trying to bury himself -_- See the extra pair of hands? I suspect that's Mr Cousin's. Two years ago, I couldn't understand what fun there was with playing SAND! Sand = dirt. You'll get chided if you ever play sand in the garden. I think I'm already falling in love with the beach slowly. More so since I'll be living in the desert in the coming months.




Leaving you with another picture of food. Another talented aunt who cooked Har Mee, her specialty. I've got so much to learn from them!


See the missing yolk? There's an inside joke about it.

Will tell you next time ;P




Cheers,

1 comment: