Sunday, January 17, 2010

Outback Australia is...

is probably not as 'ulu' as I'd imagined. However, I'm still in the adjusting phase, trying to settle in as much as I can.

I didn't notice the sky at all while I was taking this picture because I had my sunglasses on and my focus was the aeroplane that I came out from. Looking back at this picture struck me in awe! The white fluffy clouds against the brilliant blue sky looked more like a painting to me!



It rained heavily the day before I arrived and continued for two more days. Along my way to the town, I saw many children and adults happily playing around Todd River.

I couldn't appreciate the whole concept like why they seem so excited about it. So after much explanation from my preceptor, it's usually a dry river bed and according to my housemates whom have been here for a year , they haven't seen the river flow before. So this is a very SPECIAL occasion!! Hence, you can imagine why people here were exhilarated when the river started flowing as of the following short clip (there were more people at the bridge area)



There's still some water around for now. But it dries up so fast and it saddens me everytime I cross this bridge. They say, sooner later you will see a very barren area, all brown and red =(

Just digressing, I've cut my hair three times within a month!! The first time I looked like lala mui, the second time was for my graduation and then I figured that I needed to cut even shorter co'z it will be crazily hot in here. At least I save on shampoo and conditioner =)

Captured this beautiful reflection of the house door @ 7.30am while I was having my breakfast. Reminds me of the magic rose in the jar from Beauty and the Beast, my favourite Disney fairy tale.


Till then, off to work on Monday. Happy working, everyone!


Cheers,

6 comments:

  1. haha... bing bing become more and more attractive liao... Can I meet you up in Australia? Which part are you in currently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ying!

    Hope you are preparing well for your adventure. LOL.. I got a few questions from strangers already. Are you from China? Korea? -_-
    I didn't reveal where I was from, let them guess. BUt seriously- CHINA mui? Heehee

    Yea, we could meet up. I'll probably send you a message ok? More details in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHINA? well, you know after all, you do look "chinese" :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi bing bing...hehe... It is because you look attractive and they want to know you leh? Hehe.. Of course.. .I will be there during chinese new year. Really hope to meet you up. Keep in touch ya! Same contact number izzit? If not, I will drop you a message in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ee: Yes, that's inevitably =) But my ancestors ARE, not me... heehee

    @ Shinigami: I rather think there are busybody...Hahaha I will talk you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAhHahHahA..True that, we're after all..
    MALAY-sian :P

    ReplyDelete