Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dinner @ Desert Lantern Restaurant

... is a training restaurant . Cool, hey? I've never been to one! It is always interesting to observe what people do in the hospitality sector. Oh, and in this particular restaurant, they were so many young staffs!! (Duh?!) They all look about 16 years old!

Lovely bright yellow rose on the table. Thought it was fake.


I burst out laughing when I read this! I know I shouldn't considering that I am a trainee too.

... training environment, meals and beverages may take longer to be served (oh yea, it took almost an hour each to serve the entree, main and dessert), accidents may occur (I found this hilarious! but thankfully nothing happened. I wished I could say that in my field but obviously I can't co'z people can die/sue ) and course lecturers may feel the need to correct students (witnessed how the lecturers taught them to pour wine into glasses) ...



Entree: Cheese Souffle -slightly burnt, didn't puff up but I still enjoyed it


Entree: Chicken & Cashew Rice Noodle salad .
Friend commented noodle wasn't cooked properly



Main: Pork Medallions on a Bacon & Shallot Rosti with Prunes served with braised Red cabbage & Apple

Friend commented: Not visually appealing (she's a veg person)


Main: New York cut Roast Striploin
I didn't ask for feedbacks because I was too busy with mine

Main

Main: Grilled Barramundi Fillet

Comment: Nicely executed grilled fish . More importantly, fish was fresh. Not quite sure what sauce it was - Champagne Beurre Blanc but it was alright, not quite as tasty. Loved the vegetable frittata underneath



The highlight of the night was the dessert! I had warm apple & cinnamon pudding. Simply delectable! Especially with that serve of ice-cream. Everything taste nice with it =)


Consumed with so much workload, sometimes I forget what it is like out there. Going out for a dinner was a good break.

I miss my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment