Monday, February 22, 2010

Alice Springs Market

is not held every week or every fortnight or in any consistent manner. We wouldn't have any clue until they advertise it on the television! Strange, huh?

So when my colleague told me that there would be a market this coming Sunday, I made a mental note to make sure I go there and see how its like.

In general, nothing fancy, just food stalls and souvenirs.


Wine glasses holder


Aboriginal art. This was rather interesting!


But the highlight was that there was lion dance performance! Cool, eh? Never imagined that they would have it here. Yay! Go Asians XD


Oh, let me amuse you with my unfortunate event at the market. If you haven't know this, there are flies everywhere in here. EVERYWHERE! No matter where you go, your hands must be switched to the swatting mode orelse they crawl on your face, which is incredibly annoying. I walked from the house to the market under the sweltering weather and naturally, I needed to catch my breath. And as I took a couple of deep breaths, a CRAZY fly WENT into my nose. IN MY NOSE!

Ewww...disgusting, I know.

What's worse was I didn't realize until I felt something moving a few minutes later, which then struck me before frantically searching for a tissue paper. Gosh... it was traumatic for me. Thank goodness for my body's first line defense in my nose. Or else it gets into my lungs how?

No surprise that I held my index finger under my nose throughout the day after that incident.

*wiggles nose*




No comments:

Post a Comment